PDA

View Full Version : Logging in obligatory and log-in help

Archive
09-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Max Weder</b><p>I concur with Hal (how could I not, given his fine taste in art and books?) that logging in should be obligatory.<br /><br />However, what I'd like to do is figure out how to log in so that I don't have to re-log in every time I make a new post. When I log it on the main index page, it only seems to keep me logged in for that particular window of Internet Explorer. If I try to post through another window of Explorer, I have to log in again. (And since I usual have 5 or 6 windows of Explorer open, it's always tough [for me, anyway}to figure out which window is the last I posted in...) Is there a quick fix I am missing?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />[Sorry, this was meant as a response to the log-in thread, and I posted it accidently as a new thread]

Archive
09-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I never have a problem staying logged in. Even on those rare occasions when I reboot, I still remain logged in. I use IE only becasue Net54 seems to dislike Mozilla based browsers<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Wierd, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Archive
09-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>Max -<br /><br />There are instructions in the FAQ's <a href="http://www.network54.com/Realm/V_B_C/faqs.html#profile" target="_blank">here</a> for how to stay logged in.<br /><br />One quirk with this site, though, is that if you log in from one machine, you're logged off from all others. That would force you to log in again.<br /><br />Bill

Archive
09-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>And frankly really dislike logging in. And I have nothing to hide on the subject, you all (especially Leon) know how to find me.<br /><br />However, what one board I read on a non-hobby subject does and what I like is that when things get a bit "hot" at that point you have to log in but when things are normal, nothing more needs to be done.<br /><br />I think that is a good compromise<br /><br />Rich

Archive
09-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>...........

Archive
09-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>First, as Bill mentioned, it can be set up to where you only have to do it when you decide to post - reading posts would not require it. <br /><br />You just type in your name and password...that can't be too difficult for anyone.