PDA

View Full Version : Estimated value for 1920 W518-1 #1 Ruth?

Archive
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Dennis</b><p>if it were professionally restored? <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5120691702&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5120691702&rd=1</a><br /><br />[edited to change title]

Archive
09-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>In my opinion, if it were "restored" it would be worthless. Not that they should have the final word, but no reputable grading company would grade the card if it were altered.

Archive
09-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Dennis</b><p>I pretty much think the card is close to being worthless as it is (of course the bidder would disagree). I'm just curious as to what the consensus of this board would be - to have a potentially valuable card (or half a card)in poor condition and graded a 1 or to have an ungraded restored to nrmt version of the same card? The subject Ruth card is just an example. I've seen potentially valuable cards in even worse condition on ebay, sometimes in 2 pieces.

Archive
09-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I would love to have that card in my collection, although $60 is a bit too much for that card in that condition.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I saw wierd stuff in that place last night. Wierd, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Archive
09-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of professionally restoring this card to Near Mint would be higher than the final sell price.

Archive
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Dennis:<br /><br />My preference on this (and other) cards is to keep them in unrestored condition. <br /><br />But the choice is similar to that of an original vintage automobile vs. a fully customized vintage automobile hot rod. It is a tuff choice, which is highly dependent on personal preferences.<br /><br />But in no case would I be interested in slabbing the card. What would that do for me? Just my opinion.<br /><br />Gil

Archive
09-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Weird, not "Wierd". Hey, at least I'm reading it.

Archive
09-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Hey, I'm just follow i before e except after c. I know numbers, not spelling :-p<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Wierd, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.