PDA

View Full Version : PRO

Archive
08-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Posted By: <b>James Verrill</b><p><br />I am kicking myself! Last week I ran across a very interesting listing on Ebay. And, I said to myself (at that time) "bookmark this page...". But, then I answered back (to myself) "nawwwww - no worries, you'll remember it." Sure enough, that was the kiss of death. Needless to say, I am not in possession of the link. So, I am kicking myself!<br /><br />There was a guy selling a t206 white border tobacco card. He had submitted it to PRO grading service, and they had REJECTED it - because of evidence of TRIMMING! I just about fell over laughing when I saw that! When did PRO start rejecting cards that were trimmed? I thought that was their **bread and butter**!!<br /><br />The scan was hysterical. The card didn't appear "obviously trimmed" (as most PRO cards do), but it did appear short. It was next to the PRO rejection slip - which is included with the card (to the winner). <br /><br />If anyone sees the listing I mean, please let me know. I'd like to keep a copy of the scan.

Archive
08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Posted By: <b>qualitycards</b><p>Actually I have seen this type of auction before, where a seller is offering a card rejected by PRO and naturally many other PRO graded cards in different lots. So the perception is that PRO is a mainline grading company that has top notch standards, so obviously the understanding is you will feel secure when you bid on the sellers other PRO cards...jay

Archive
08-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Posted By: <b>James</b><p><br />I think you're right on, Jay. Great feedback! Thanks.<br /><br />JV