PDA

View Full Version : Angela Dawn McGuire

Archive
08-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p><BR>EBAY:<BR><BR>angelamcguire Monday, Oct 21, 2002 Monday, Dec 16, 2002 <BR><BR>thunderingherdkid Monday, Dec 16, 2002 Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 <BR><BR>ohiotarheelfan Thursday, Jun 05, 2003 User Suspended not a registered user <BR><BR>eagle8016 Monday, Apr 23, 2001 Present (lists her registered account name for this userid as Tracy O'Hayes)<BR><BR>Also suspected of using bellyfly69<BR><BR>YAHOO AUCTIONS:<BR><BR>thunderingherdkid<BR><BR>Also suspected of using kingscastle2000, among others<BR><BR>Uses the towns of Gallipolis, Vinton, and Stout, OH<BR><BR>Has used Angela Mcguire as her real name for "thunderingherdkid" on Yahoo Auctions and for "angelamcguire", "thunderingherdkid", "ohiotarheelfan" on EBAY.<BR>

Archive
08-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Polin</b><p>Zoccihjr as well on Yahoo.

Archive
08-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Don't be giving ebay undue credit - Angela (or whoever she is) was forced to go to private auctions, then to private feedback (due to pressure from this board), and finally gave up using the handle "Ohiotarheelfan", but ebay did nothing to her.<BR><BR>On the other hand (also due to pressure from this board), Harleyman's old handle "Drbond02" was suspended by ebay due to the selling of the fake feldman cards as real. Yes, we do have an impact, but it takes a lot of persistence - ebay will gladly trade a pound of integrity for an ounce of coin.

Archive
08-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Ebay Interested Party</b><p>Can you please post more information about this? I may know something about this person and additional code names but not sure we are talking about the same person. What did she sell on these auctions? How long has this been going on? I am concerned about privacy so not leaving my own email but would like to discuss with someone. Are you in Ohio?

Archive
08-15-2004, 06:33 AM
Posted By: <b>AdamBaxter</b><p><br />Hello,<br /> This all occurred last year. Angela McGuire was the name she registered on Ebay with and gave to people who contacted her. She was selling obvious fake cards on both Ebay and Yahoo Auctions and was accepting buyer's money and not sending the merchandise to the tune of thousands of dollars. She appeared to be less successful on Yahoo. She had registered several of the same IDs on Yahoo that she had used on Ebay, but did not get an oppurtunity to use them all. She used several IDs including: Ohiotarheelfan, Eagle8016, thunderingherdkid and Bellyfly69. On one of these Ebay accounts she registered under the name Tracy O'Hayes. After repeated complaints from folks to Ebay, she was suspended on all of her accounts and to my knowledge noone has seen her operating on Ebay since. Hopefully it's because she's in Federal Prison! I was not victimized by this person, but I care about other collectors and my hobby and I felt had to speak out. Out of all the scam artists that have appeared on Ebay, I don't think there is anyone more deserving of prison then this clown. <br /><br />Best,<br /> Adam<br /><br />P.S.: No, I don't live in Ohio.