PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question

Archive
08-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Posted By: <b>three25hits</b><p>Does paypal require "signature" confirmation? or is insuring through the USPS good enough (which also required a sig)?<br /><br />I am about to complete a major transaction, and want to best guard against Paypal's fickle ways...<br /><br />Thanks

Archive
08-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Delivery by UPS or Fed Ex would be better. They having tracking which is what Paypal requires. I know insurance is not enough for Paypal( go figure). Not sure about signature confirmation.

Archive
08-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S</b><p>...delivery confirmation is required. But, of course, a dishonest buyer like Bob's recent one will create problems with paypal for you, regardless of your method of delivery.

Archive
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Delivery Confirmation is the only thing PayPal will take. I believe the reason they won't accept insured only is that the number is strictly for claims purposes, it doesn't actually track the package.<br /><br />The safest bet is DC with a signature. Then there is no doubt as to whether the person got the package or not.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive
08-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Even with sig confirmation, buyer could say you sent him a box of rocks and paypal WILL take the money back from you until YOU can prove otherwise. Stay away from them, or at the very minimum, use UPS who will confirm what is in box before you send it.

Archive
08-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>PayPal doesn't care who you use as a shipper. All they want is a tracking number. And if you have read this board for any length of time, you should know I am the wrong the person to tell to use UPS. Far too many empty boxes arriving at my door or my client's door for me to ever trust them with anything other than a box of rocks from my back yard. I had more UPS boxes turn up empty in a one month period than the USPS has lost in my 25 years of shipping with them.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.