PDA

View Full Version : El Principe De Gales

Archive
08-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>Finally found a Phillie for my type collection that was cheap enough to buy. In fact, I had an argument with the seller through e-mail about the providence of the card. He said it came from Cuba (possibly) and printed in Havana (untrue)...even when I turned the card over and pointed to the factory code (VA) he still said that it may have been distributed from Virginia, they were printed in cuba. I asked him where the cigarettes were made and he said Cuba like I grew a third head. I though I had read that the factory was in fact owned by a Cuban but was in Key West. I know you all know more than I do, so help me out...do I remember it correctly? El Principe De Gales is a Havana Cork Tip cigarette produced in Key West and the cards must have been packaged and shipped from VA? Am I wrong? Help?<br /><br />-Joshua

Archive
08-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Posted By: <b>teetwoowesix</b><p>I think El Principe De Gales branded cigars were made in Florida in the late 1800s by a Cuban exile named Vicente Martinez Ybor, whereas El Principe De Gales branded cigarettes were made by the American Tobacco Trust in Virginia in the early 1900s. I'm not sure how, if at all, these two products are related.

Archive
08-07-2004, 03:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S</b><p>tell him about Tolstois. They were produced by a man based in Kiev, but were actually produced in Vladivostok and distributed through a company based in Moscow. Take one, pencil in the phrase "All happy families..." and see if he springs for your super-rare Anna Karenina variation.