PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Spalding, Ace, Reach, and True brands

Archive
08-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Posted By: <b>JV</b><p>I have an oppurtunity to purchase several of these cards, but am having quite the ordeal of finding anything out about these brands. I cannot find prices or info about the producers. <br /><br />Can someone help?

Archive
08-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>are they graded by sma or some other fly by night company?<br /><br />theyre utterly worthless-- someone cut up some sporting magazines from the 20's and 30's and is slabbing them and selling them as cards. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS CRAP AS POSSIBLE.

Archive
08-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Posted By: <b>JV</b><p>Thanks for responding, Jamie. I figured I was about to get hosed, but I know so little about pre-war cards that I was hoping to get lucky and have something nice fall into my hands.

Archive
08-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Posted By: <b>jamie</b><p>if youre looking for some cheap vintage cards of some of the greats, stick with some of the "strip" cards- w-515 and w-516 are pretty nice imho and you can get hof'ers like ruth and cobb and johnson for a fraction of what their tobacco counterparts go for.<br /><br />youre doing the right thing by researching and asking for help prior to buying though.