PDA

View Full Version : Wagners at the National

Archive
07-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Wasn't there an open invitation for all T206 Honus Wagner owners to show off their card at the National? Any idea how many are displayed? Who owns them? For that matter, anyone know who owns some of the Wagners out there?

Archive
07-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>mzm55</b><p>I saw a total of nine t206 Wagners, Mastro had eight on display including PSA 1s, one in a three, one in a five, and one graded authentic. PSA also had the PSA eight wagner on display.

Archive
07-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Gary B.</b><p>It seems almost worthwhile going to the national just for that! I would LOVE to see a t206 wagner in persn, even better several of them, and even better the psa 8 one! I wonder if the owner of those cards get anything for lending out their cards...

Archive
07-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe P.</b><p>Any grade?<BR>Graded or Ungraded?

Archive
07-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>vg-ex/ex--ex? Nice front?

Archive
07-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Pcelli60</b><p>What was the latest number anyone, has heard or read ,on how many Wagners are know to excist in any condition? Could it be 100+ ?

Archive
07-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred</b><p>It was pretty neat to see 8 Wagners lined up in the Mastronet display case - <BR><BR>Wow - that display case had some really choice items - N172 (Cal League cards, etc. - WOW!!!)<BR><BR>There were N172 Glasscock and Andrews cards available.... walk a few miles inside the building and you'd pretty much find what you wanted...<BR><BR>TIK's traveling museum was worth the price of admission (as usual).

Archive
07-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe P.</b><p>Back in the late '80's early '90's, I was keeping an ownership track record of the Wagner's.<BR>Why it was almost better than the genealogical research that I've been doing on my family.<BR>It even included a Wagner that was put on auction by a friend of mine and won by an attorney out in California for $7,000.00.<BR>Yes, 7 G's not 70 G's.<BR>Before you ask me to send you a case of your favorite nectar - let me explain, and describe.<BR>Let me see, the easiest way would be to put it this way.<BR>Visualize if you will, (and try not to cry) a tobacco card that gives you the appearance that two Pit Bulls fought over it.<BR>In other words, if you can visualize an irregular hour glass, you're getting the picture.<BR>Back to your question, at that time, I knew where 45 of the Wagner's held court.<BR>It was just me doing the research, and as more of them kept popping up, I lost interest.<BR>Like yourself, 100+ wouldn't surprise me.<BR>It's the only card I need, but I'm not about to even think of the asking price for the second hardest card in the set.<BR>Happy collecting, and keep searching.<BR>Joe