PDA

View Full Version : "thegoudeyscum" officially canned for the 2nd time

Archive
07-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Posted By: <b>dan</b><p>Careful, this guy keeps popping up with decent looking reprints.<BR><BR><BR>"Thank you for taking the time to write eBay with your concerns. My name <BR>is Sanford and I'm happy to help you further.<BR><BR>I understand your concern regarding this situation with &lt;thegoudeyking&gt; <BR>and &lt;dogsday26&gt;.<BR><BR>We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly <BR>re-investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken <BR>appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions <BR>may<BR>include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension <BR>or terminating the membership. <BR><BR>At this time, our records indicate the user you are reporting is no <BR>longer a registered eBay user"

Archive
07-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Posted By: <b>CardCowboy</b><p>Out of Curiostiy, how do you know this seller's cards are reprints? I won a 1933 Rogers Hornsby from dogsday26, and e-mailed him about guyng more Goudeys. He explained to me that his account was suspended due to shill bidding after his ex-wife creayed another account in his name, bid on his items, then emailed ebay about it causing him to be suspended. I have inspected the card closely and believe it to be authentic. I am supposed to send him money for more Goudeys, so please let me know how you have determined these as reprints so I can determine whether or not I'd be wating money or buying from an honest dealer. (He also said his accounts would be re-instated within 2 weeks, so I guess that will be a big clue.)

Archive
07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Posted By: <b>steve k</b><p>CardCowboy - that &quot;story&quot; from this scammer is a cockamamie story if I ever heard one. You've been fooled once by this scammer, as the song by the Who goes, &quot;don't get fooled again.&quot; Also - thoroughly read &quot;Tips For New&quot; at the top right of this forum's home page.

Archive
07-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Wow--I wonder how people keep falling for these obvious scams and then cardcowboy repeats that story with a straight face. Man, please don't take this personally, but are you completely oblivious?? How can you seriously believe a story like that?? <BR><BR>This is the type of story that has gradually changed my POV from blaming the scammers to placing a good share of the blame to those collectors defy all logic and reason and good sense and allow themselves to be scammed. These people need to learn their lesson somehow--so maybe allowing them to fall for a scam or two is what it takes for them to educate themselves for future collecting. <BR><BR>In that vein, cardcowboy, my advice would be to go ahead and ignore all the screaming red flags and willingly buy this guy's worthless reprints. Then go ahead and send them to PSA for grading (thus validating this exceptional bargain you and you alone have been smart enough to discover). <BR><BR>When PSA sends back your cards ungraded as reprints, then you can continue collecting with some hard earned wisdom.

Archive
07-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>Folks considering stealing peoples' accounts and identities to shill and run bogus sales should familiarize themselves with the recently signed Federal Law concerning identify theft when committing a felony. Ever heard of the term 'manditory minimum sentencing'?