PDA

View Full Version : Paypal phone call this morning

Archive
07-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Charlie</b><p>I recently paid for an item using paypal. I got a call on my answering machine this morning supposedly from Paypal wanting to know if I recently used paypal to pay for this item......Although I didn't receive the call it does seem odd that they would ask me if I paid through paypal when they know I did.....Anyone else ever get a call or know anything about a scam going around?

Archive
07-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>I got the call and it seemed very legit.<BR><BR>All they did was ask me to confirm that I had purchased an item for a certain amount from a certain vendor.<BR><BR>They did NOT ask for my account number or address or password or anything of that nature.<BR><BR>Clearly the person already had the information that they were asking me to confirm ... and I was careful NOT to volunteer anything else ...<BR><BR>so it seemed like a genuine "safety check" on PayPal's part.<BR><BR>Mine was a high-dollar item ... so I assume that was what sent up the flags for them. Maybe yours was too?

Archive
07-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Gary B.</b><p>I had a conflict once with a paypal payment I made that supposedly got lost. I called them (believe it or not, there are human beings over there who actually answer the phone), and they took care of it straight away. <BR><BR>I'm not saying your call was legit or not, but in case you thought it was a completely automated mechanized system with no humans on the other end, they definitely are people there, and one might have actually called you.