PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm a sucker--I just booked my trip to the National...

Archive
06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>After last year's experience in Atlantic City (I walked out empty handed--although my wife and I had a great week-long vacation in NYC), I swore I would not go to this year's National in Cleveland. But the lure of being in such an overwhelming card and memorabilia environment was just too much. So the we'll fly in for one night (not much to do in Cleveland) and then make a quick exit. I honestly can't wait and am downright giddy. <BR><BR>Anyone else attending?

Archive
06-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>bcornell</b><p>$7 off face value. They also have discounted VIP passes.

Archive
06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Jerry</b><p>I went to the last (I think) National in Cleveland about 6 years ago. Got to meet Muhammed Ali, Wilt Chamberlin, Sandy Koufax, many more. I had a GREAT time. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is worth seeing. You can probably catch an Indians game. You can find stuff to do. Have fun!

Archive
06-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>after I looked over the travel schedules from LA when trying to book a flight. Believe it or not, there is no direct flight from the LA area to Cleveland. I would have to change planes at least once and run like hell for the connecting flight or sit for hours in a feeder airport. Between air time and airport time, it is about a 12 hour travel day each way for me if I make the connection and if the connecting fight is on time (which is only the case about 60% of the time). See you in CHI next year...that's one direct flight.

Archive
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Travel Agent</b><p>Continental Flights 634, 1034 and 1050 are non-stop flights from LAX to Cleveland.<BR><BR>Continental Flights 67 and 735 are non-stop fights from Cleveland to LAX.<BR><BR>Just call me your friendly neighborhood travel agent. JD :v)

Archive
06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron M.</b><p>Warshaw, try expedia.com. I had already booked the Continental Airlines direct flights that the poster mentions for departure early Friday morning and return flight Saturday evening. Checking the seating charts, however, it looked like there were few seats available as of June 9.