PDA

View Full Version : Why do sellers...

Archive
06-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>like Colorado Moutain Sports even bother listing cards on eBay? Their minimum bids are book and I rarely ever see anything of their's sell. The only things I've ever bought from them was after the the auction closed and bought the item for significantly less after some haggling.<BR><BR>I can't imagine that the few sales they make justifies all the listing fees. I Mike Wheat I understand. He waits until there is a free listing day, then lists his overpriced stuff, but how to these guys that list overpriced stuff all time make a go of it?<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
06-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S</b><p>I've actually bought quite a bit of stuff from CMS (not at book, I'm pretty sure), and seen several batches of auctions all sell for well over their minimum bids. Perhaps it is a new approach for them.<BR><BR>Also, many sellers (including myself) are taking advantage of the eBay store format, which allows you to list an item at a BIN price for only two cents a month (after the $10/mo. for the store). I think even in cases where sellers aren't listing everything in their stores, it has altered practices somewhat, such as the proliferation of 10 and 30-day fixed-price auction listings.