PDA

View Full Version : To: Tobacco "error and printer scrap" collectors

Archive
01-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...above includes collectors of proofs, printer's scrap, proofs, and other misfit cards.<BR><BR>I have a mailing list that includes many of you, and on rare occasions I send out emails. I have a couple of projects I would like to get as much participation in as possible, so if you are not on the mailing list and want to participate, please send an email - if you don't specify "blind copy", I will assume you don't mind others knowing you're one of "us". <BR><BR>Current project: cataloging existing printer's scrap and other "problem" cards (e.g: proofs, yellow/brown variations, etc.). Other possible results - follow-up to last article I had in VCBC, possible small color catalog of images for members only, at cost. I'm not expecting to create an exhaustive list, especially of proofs since I realize one or two collectors own most of the "one of a kind" examples, but we can at least build a working list. <BR>

Archive
01-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Scott, I enjoyed your VCBC article on this subject, and I'm sure your final report would be well received. When you're finished we will call you 'The Scap.' People on the street will say, "Don't mess with that guy. They call him The Scrap. I'm not sure why, but I hear he has yet to lose a fight."

Archive
02-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Troy T.</b><p>"I realize one or two collectors own most of the "one of a kind" examples, but we can at least build a working list." <BR><BR>Who are they? Doug Allen? Keith O.?<BR>

Archive
06-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Posted By: <b>jjfornal</b><p>I have several Proofs from the T206, E95, E96, E97 and others. I recently sold off some T3 and T202 Proofs.

Archive
06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I was thinking of having my T206 name on top cards slabbed for display. My thought was to have GAI authenticate them w/o grades (after all, how would you grade a miscut when the miscut is the point). Any thoughts on this?