PDA

View Full Version : Scranton Club

Archive
05-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Posted By: <b>stephen</b><p>I have 11 baseball cards that are formatted as post cards (a trademark logo on the address side is a stylized TR Co). The front is green (accented with white and gold) with a baseball diamond, crossed bats, two player figures, and a round "frame" that contains a black and white, head and shoulders shot of a player from the "Scranton Club." The caps have very small bills and the collars of the uniform are turned up. Only the last names of the players are given: Beckendorf, Bills, Ely, Graham, Groh, Houser, Kellogg, Kittredge, Moran, Schultz, and Steele.<BR><BR>I am a novice. If you have any information about these cards, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Archive
05-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Sounds like they may be some custom made Rose postcards. A scan would be a great help.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
05-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin O</b><p>Stephen,<BR><BR>Check out this thread: <BR><BR><a href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1077948429&lp=1078197728" target=_new>http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1077948429&lp=1078197728</a><BR><BR>If what you have is authentic, congratulations.

Archive
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>Unlike the one-of-a-kind or collectors' issue Springfield Rose PCs which were so widely discussed recently, the Scranton players are considered to be a legitimate part of the set since they were produced in quantity. The 11 players mentioned by Stephen comprise the complete known team set.

Archive
06-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin O</b><p>Everyone knows the Scranton set is "legit." That's been discussed a number of times (see the thread referenced). Unless we see Stephen's actual set, however, we can't say for sure that they are "authentic."

Archive
06-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Peich</b><p>Hi Bob Lemke,<BR>In the 2004 edition of SCBC you state that the Scranton team is comprised of ten players. According to Stephen's player list in his post, there are eleven, since Ely doesn't appear in the SCBC checklist. This is an interesting post, and quite timely following the Springfield discovery. Thanks to all for their input. Cheers, Mike