PDA

View Full Version : Surely someone knows the answer to this

Archive
05-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Tbob</b><p>Having delved in to the collection of the P-2 Sweet Caporal pin set, I find myself with tons of pins, in those little "coin holders" or in top loaders or just plain floating around loose. If anyone here collects these pins, could you tell me the best way to store and/or display them? Thanks.<BR>TB

Archive
05-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>bob,<BR> back when i collected the set, i displayed them in a large display case, the lightweight cardboard type with a glass cover and foam underneath, they can be found about 1" thick and up to 2-3 feet in size and will accomodate the entire set. the pins will display well and not slide around. depending on how you want to store it, the case can be stored flat or hung on the wall. <BR><BR>you should be able to find these on on ebay. they are commonly sold at flea markets and antique shows as well.<BR><BR>scott

Archive
05-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>bob,<BR><BR>do a search for "riker" and you'll find several of them in different sizes,<BR><BR>scott

Archive
05-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett</b><p>Bob, I store mine the same way that Scott does. They remain stationary due to the foam, and they look great when you have a large # of pins in there.

Archive
05-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>stored in an individual pin holding box. Has a foam insert. I think if you look for Olympic pin stuff on ebay you will find them

Archive
05-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Hi Bob,<BR><BR>I also collect these pins and I have found the best way to store them safely as well as make a great looking presentation piece is a butterfly box. Simply a Glass top with foam pad insert. The box measures approximately 12" X 16" and I purchased my right on EBAY. It holds up to 100 pins no problem.<BR><BR>Good Luck,<BR><BR>Neal

Archive
05-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Tbob</b><p>I appreciate it. This seems to be a doable set although I am sure there are a few pins whose scarcity isn't reflected in the guides.