PDA

View Full Version : Warning--New reprint seller on Ebay to watch for

Archive
05-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>AdamBaxter</b><p>An ebay seller with the handle "79ee" who had previously sold cards as reprints has apparently decided that he's not going to disclose them as reprints anymore. He's selling several cards (T206, etc.) he claims are from a 700 card collection he purchased a while back. The cards he has up include a couple of Cobbs, Wagner and Plank. I'm not the T206 expert on the board, but they sure as hell look like reprints to me. 79ee had been bidding on and buying lots of vintage reprints from other sellers like "rawoysterman" (rawoysterman does disclose his cards as reprints). Just thought this would be a helpful message for the novice collectors who frequent the board.<BR><BR>regards,<BR> Adam

Archive
05-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>AdamBaxter</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=4134902139&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=4134902139&rd=1</a>

Archive
05-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Posted By: <b>AdamBaxter</b><p>It does not state that the card is a reprint in the description, but apparently the seller does put a written disclaimer in the picture that says reprint. The gallery picture was all I could see initially, because the pictures for the auction itself would not come up. With nothing about reprint in the description and no picture it could still fool a novice collector. I suppose this seller will probably find the board and I can expect a rash of nasty e-mails. Oh well, I'm not going to apologize for looking out for other collectors.

Archive
05-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>went to a lot of trouble messing the card up to make it look real--and PLUG-UGLY! Who wants it, anyway? It does seem sort of sneaky to put "reprint" in the picture, and not describe the card as one anywhere else. And...yuk!<BR><BR>One of the nice things aboiut good reprints is that they're so perfect...