PDA

View Full Version : New My Ebay page

Archive
05-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>I was surprised by the new style of the My Ebay page. It might take me a while to get used to it, but I do like the added column of shipping cost next to the current bid. Wish it was mandatory to post the shipping for all auctions.

Archive
05-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Scott Elkins</b><p>the one that states how many people are "watching" your item (for sellers). Seems good for those auctions where the reserve price isn't met or the opening bid hasn't been placed - that way a seller can know there are people who will probably bid on the item the last day!

Archive
05-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>I think the new My Ebay page sucks, for lack of a better term. It is less user friendly and makes navigation between selling and buying more cumbersome. In this case, simpler WAS better...

Archive
05-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Posted By: <b>hrbaker</b><p>I'm with tbob, not crazy about the new page. Not sure why they changed it. Wasn't broke and not a better mousetrap.

Archive
05-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Posted By: <b>kennycole</b><p>In my opinion, the new My eBay page sucks. Period. End of story.

Archive
05-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I'm no fan of it either. Instead of making some gradual changes, they did a radical make over. And most people don't like that. It means having to get comfortabl with something new. It's kind of like MSWord and all their insane updates. Their is a product that screams for simpler is better. Save all the idiotic bells and whistles for the profesional publishers that might actually use them. The average person never will.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
05-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike McGrail</b><p>I have already spent about 2 hours trying to figure this thing out and I am still clueless on a number of things. I liked the "tabs on top" style much better.<BR><BR>Anyone know if this was annouced to the ebay community or just forced on them? I don't remember reading anything about this.<BR><BR>Mike

Archive
05-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>If you don't like it, you can switch back to the old style<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
05-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>It was a Beta test for a while but is permanent now. They have reverted to old ways in the past maybe they will again. Some nice new features but much toougher to navigate. Overall a negative in my book.

Archive
05-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Posted By: <b>mike</b><p>When you log into the "My eBay" page, look on the left side of the screen under "My eBay Views" then click on the "My Summary" link. My eBay will look similar to the old page. An extra step. On the plus side, we may watch 100 items. I'm thankful that eBay does not charge for "premium" service - such as watch up to 100 items for $10 a year.

Archive
05-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>very inconvenient to use and doesn't have the damned item #'s displayed on the watch list.

Archive
05-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Posted By: <b>mike</b><p>Well, do the following: See the the row headed by "Items I'm Watching," look at the far right side of your screen and click on "Customize." Under "Available COlumns," click on "Item ID," click on "&gt;&gt;" and click on "Save"<BR><BR>Just a note: I do not work for eBay and I am not a techie. eBay appears to be making their site as user freindly as Windows.

Archive
05-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe P.</b><p>I Looked.<BR><BR>I Saw.<BR><BR>And I Threw Up.