PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scammer of the year

Archive
05-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>steve k</b><p>Hollywood movies have their Academy Awards. Ebay ought to have &quot;Best Scammer&quot; awards. This guy should be nominated for &quot;Best Scammer&quot; in the category of Vintage Baseball Cards. Not only does he want you to send your money to an escrow account, in which you will never see your money again, now he is an expert in early 20th century lithography. The sad part is that someone may get duped by this piece of garbage.<br><br>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=4131682288&amp;category=31 719&amp;sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&amp;rd=1

Archive
05-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Posted By: <b>James Verrill</b><p><BR>Steve,<BR><BR>Am I missing something here?<BR><BR>What has the seller done that you feel makes him a scammer?<BR><BR>Yes, his descriptive commentary on "water and oil" leaves me with anything but an impression that he is an expert - but, does that make him a scammer?

Archive
05-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Posted By: <b>steve k</b><p>James - take a look at the thread &quot;T206 opinion&quot; from 823dek about a week ago. This thread is a new continuation of that thread. Of course, you will make the final decision whether to trust a guy like this or not, but I truly dislike scammers - and this guy definitely is one. Those scans could even be of real cards, but you will either receive reprints or nothing from this guy. There are good sellers on ebay, but ebay is also loaded with con-artists. There are so many red flags on this lot - please, just don't do it -don't even think about buying from this guy. When using ebay, a good rule to start with is to only buy valuable cards such as this from a reputable seller with lots of positive feedback and a close to 99 percent or better feedback rating...Also make sure the reputable seller got the positive feedback from selling baseball cards, not other unrelated items.