PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

Archive
05-18-2004, 02:18 AM
Posted By: <b>bdogg74</b><p>I have recently found out that I had a great, great uncle who pitched for the White Stockings and Tigers in 1901 and 1903 respectfully. Is there an online website that I can go to to find out if he has a baseball card out there? <BR><BR>Your help would be priceless, and GREATLY appreciated. . . .<BR><BR>His name was John "Buckshot" Skopec, and actually had the dubious distinction of giving up the first AL homerun in history. . . <BR><BR>THANK YOU!!!

Archive
05-18-2004, 06:19 AM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>according to my information he does not appear on any vintage card issues, he may appear in some team photos, such as sporting life premiums or sporting life team photos. i have a 1904 coming and i'll see if he i pictured on either team.<BR><BR>scott

Archive
05-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Nothing in my database either. Mr Lemke will know for sure since he's got a better database than mine.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
05-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>bdogg74</b><p>Thats too bad. Thank you very much for your help guys! I really appreciate it. . . If you do happen to find anything, any info would be great!<BR><BR>Thanks again

Archive
05-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>Sorry to report the Standard Catalog data base has nothinh for Skopec. Good hunting!