PDA

View Full Version : 1933 Goudey #1 Benny Bengough

Archive
05-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Posted By: <b>phillip</b><p>Hi there,<BR><BR> I'm new to this, but I've seen this site a lot to see how it works. I just bought a Bengough Goudey #1 from EBAY. Is it real? Auction #4127269505. Thanks for your input, folks.<BR><BR>Phil

Archive
05-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>real and worthless, the bengough card is a common card and should be valued no higher than a common unless in nice shape. It is rarer than a common if it were in nice condition because it is the #1 card and kids back then stacked cards in order as I do today.

Archive
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>The card looks real, but personally, I think you overpaid. As mentioned, the card is only a common. The only other significance the card carries is that this is the only card appearance that Benny made. <BR><BR>My personal pet peeve is that all the price guides adhere to this silly pricing formula of a 50% in value for each grade. This just isn't the case with most cards, especially the first and last cards in a set. The reason that they carry such high prices in NM is becuase they are a true rarities in that condition. Finding them in EX or poorer is no big and should price like a common in these grades, because that is what the are.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
05-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>OOPS! SORRY, DIDN'T SEE THAT YOU BOUGHT IT. MY APOLOGIES, i DIDN'T MEAN TO CALL IT WORTHLESS, DAN.