PDA

View Full Version : Untitled

Archive
05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>I had recently made comment about an auction photo. I had largely intended it as a comment on bidders rather than the lot itself. I did not intend for it to be a big issue and, as there didn't apear much general interest in the issue, I shortly afterwords to drop/forget the issue. It did turn out to ruffle a few feathers, so I make this post here to say that I have dropped the issue and choose (my choice entirely) not to address it again. That last statement is not intended in any way to cause any further intrigue.<BR><BR>As a general course for now and the future: I am happy to review an auction's material, including catalog descritions, before the auction's start. If I am able to review tha material before an auction, I would be happy to address the auction's questions, details, referred bidders throughout the auction. I will assume that if they don't have me review the material that they don't desire my comments-- which is fine.<BR><BR>I am happy to try and answer questions by a bidder at any time before or during an auction, no matter what auction. This has always been the case.<BR><BR>Best wishes

Archive
05-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I think that bidders should know what they are dealing with before they bid, and in cases where it's an item they think they would like to own, but aren't familiar enough with the item to really assess value based on scans and descriptions, they should consult someone who IS knowledgeable or stay away. Yeah, I understand - I too would like to own a signed Babe Ruth baseball, but....<BR>

Archive
05-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>..including that I should buy myself a microscope!