PDA

View Full Version : E95 Proof on Ebay....????

Archive
05-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Kasel</b><p>I thought there was a string regarding an e95 proof of Ed Willett some time ago but couldn't find it in the search.<BR><BR>Wasn't the prevailing theory that this card was likely cut out of a kids folder rather than an actual proof care? I am hoping for a little insight. Obviously it being graded by ASA is a tip off right there but I thought I would throw the question out anyway.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=4127926065&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=4127926065&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW</a><BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Bill Kasel

Archive
05-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>...and they aren't produced by Philadelphia Caramel. They are pictures cut off of notebook covers - this has been proven. Some of them have not been positively tied to a particular notebook cover, so in those cases it's just high-percentage circumstantial evidence - Kling, for example.<BR><BR>Proofs have certain qualities that these items do not display - I'll leave it to the print-process experts on the board to elaborate.

Archive
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Not only are the kids notebook covers a source for these "proofs" but in the last Mastro auction there was a lot that contained score cards and one used the art from E95 Evers and Collins cards. That score card looked incomplete to me so you never know how many other cards were part of that piece. <BR><BR>This item is a AAA special. <BR><BR>

Archive
05-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I had intended to bid on the Evers Scorecard on Mastro, but forgot...that lot went fairly cheap if you're into that kind of thing.<BR><BR>I guess that's a good thing - it certainly saves money. RE on the other hand was a different story - I watched those lots pretty much to the bloody end, bid on about 10 of them, and didn't win dink.