PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

Archive
04-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott</b><p>Hi all,<BR><BR>Well, I just discovered there is life beyond the PSA set registry forum and thought I would say HI. I find the posts here to be really good. <BR><BR>I'm just a mere grasshopper so I'll be doing more learning/lurking than posting, I'm sure.<BR><BR>One reason I joined the fray here is I'm shifting my collecting from 50's, 60's and 70's Topps to pre-war stuff. <BR><BR>Anyway, thanks for having me!<BR>cheers,<BR>minibeers

Archive
04-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Welcome! I'm mostly pre-20th century myself (I don't really have many cards, but I TALK about them all the time).<BR><BR>Speaking of being the only one (woman): we now have :Runscott--Scott Forrest<BR> (SP?) Phyflyer1--Scott Mosley<BR> Scottopotamus- Scott AGAIN.<BR> Minibeers--YOU, Scott. <BR><BR>Would one of you like to be re-christened?<BR><BR>Seriously, welcome aboard, and the more the merrier.

Archive
04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Posted By: <b>minibeers (aka Scott)</b><p>...or you can call me Spaidly like my buddies do since one of them is named Scott. Stop the insanity.<BR>minibeers

Archive
04-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>brian p</b><p>...I have to 'p' all over myself around here to differentiate me from the six or so other Brian's that post...people, Brian really isn't that common of a name. Perhaps us chosen ones are congenitally predisposed to spending way too much on paper goods. Five dollars for a roll of paper towels is a bargain, no?<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
04-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Welcome to the board and don't take it persoanl if you see a lot of anti-PSA ranting. That's just what happens a lot around here since they currently seems to have monkeys on loan from the San Diego Zoo grading and labeling vintage cards.<BR><BR>This board is the single greatest resource on the net, or anywhere else for that matter, for info on vintage issues. Many of us also collect cards other than baseball.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
04-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Posted By: <b>minibeers</b><p>Thanks for the note. I've only been back in the hobby for about 9 months. I had a tremendous collection when I was 11 years old. Sold it for $10K+ in 1989. Now I want my cards back! I have been pretty much exclusively PSA up until now. Since I'm moving to pre-war stuff (and some tasty regionals) from the mainly 60s and 70s stuff I thought I would check things out over here. The feel I have gotten, in my limited time back in the hobby, is that SGC is the way to go for pre-war stuff. GAI is fine with me if the card looks good. That is the key, anyway. For the stuff I'm going to be spending coin on here soon the card itself is more important than the grade or the grader. I'm going to use the grade assignment as a guide only. <BR><BR>Anyway, I'm rambling...<BR><BR>minibeers