PDA

View Full Version : Problems reading?

Archive
03-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens&nbsp; </b><p>How does one make the leap from a card that is graded SGC70/5.5 to PSA 6+/7? If the card wasn't slabbed, I wouldn't tust anything he sells. Then again, he might have stolen the scan.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2794370456&category=57993" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2794370456&category=57993</a><BR><BR>Some people just try to hard to make a card better than it really is.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>This A and G "Ed Hanlan" is being confused with an Old Judge "Ned Hanlon," the baseball HOFer--which does list for a high price in great shape (or even not-so-great-shape). It'a certainly true that an SGC 70 is no PSA 6 or 7, but once you've gotten beyond that, you're by no means out of the woods.

Archive
03-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I just got an email back from the seller and he think that Ed Handlon, the oarsman, is Ned Hanlon the baseball player.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Just got another email back from him. Turns out, it's the same guy that bought the mislabeled PSA slabbed National Game Ty Cobb card. He says he is going to end this auction so that he can change the description so that it is not misleading. Gotta give the guy the credit for doing that.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>between my 1 a m post about "Hanlon" vs. "Hanlan" and the time the poor schmoe emailed him that he'd noticed the difference. It certainly wasn't MY post, that's for sure. Occasioanlly, there's some eveidence that someone reads what I say--but not very often...

Archive
03-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I mentioned the board to him and he said he has never visted it, but planned to if I would send him a link, which I did.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-15-2004, 12:29 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I could see hyping an SGC 5.5 as a PSA 6 equivalent. I've seen some 6's that are worse than a lot of 5.5's.<BR><BR>Incidentally, I actually had a good deal over the weekend. I bid on a lot of T205's that was described as being in pretty bad shape (sounded good at best) and the cards were actually quite nice vg cards with even better eye appeal. I guess I was due one happy result...