PDA

View Full Version : CSA vs. PRO

Archive
03-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld&nbsp; </b><p>Look at:<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2794087821&category=31718" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2794087821&category=31718</a><BR><BR>Isn't it wonderful to know that in this capitalist society even those passing off trimemd Baseball cards have competition. Looks like CSA is trying to grab PROs lock on the trimmed card grading market.

Archive
03-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Is it just me, or does the card look fake? May be that he touched up the scan to make it look batter and jsut made the colors and back look wrong/fake.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
03-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Clarke</b><p>Pete, <BR><BR>How can you tell the card is trimmed? I do not see it?

Archive
03-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Posted By: <b>spaceops03</b><p>JC,<BR><BR>If you look closely, the left side of the card appears very uneven (as is the right side for that matter). In my humble opinion, the corners are also unnaturally sharp and have the slightest indication of "bat-ears." Finally the card appears narrow. In looking at some of the other cards in this CSA style holder, they tend to "fill out" the internal sleeve a little more. A very average job of card doctoring and I personally would NOT invest in this card or any other by CSA for that matter. -Don J.

Archive
03-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Posted By: <b>petecld</b><p>Left edge: Has a slight curve to it as you follow the edge from the bottom up and that top/left corner has a bat ear. Look at the close up that shos the bottom half of the card. Note the thickness of the border at the point where the image starts at the bottom and look at the thickness of the border at the level of Cobbs arm pit. Notice the cuve as your eye moves up? Even though the card image has a slight perspective angle to it a straight edge won't "curve" like that. <BR><BR>Top edge: Has a wave to it. Notice in the close up image the shadow the card creates is uneven. Card may have a slight waveiness possibly from being wet and then dried.<BR><BR>Card is almost an 1/8" too short. Yeah, yeah, "...but the quality standards weren't that high." Yeah, and they weren't THAT low either.<BR><BR>Compare the edge quality of this card to the edge quality of the Jackson. They are similar and amazingingly enough both cards are short the roughly same amount. <BR><BR>Hmmmmmm. . . . .

Archive
03-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Posted By: <b>JC</b><p>You guys are right..... I should not be allowed to look at the computor after midnight. Blind, Broke, and Boring is how I feel right now... Have a GREAT weekend!