PDA

View Full Version : Q: Relative values of Old Judge Cabinets (N173s) ?

Archive
03-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom L.&nbsp; </b><p>Does anyone (Jay Miller or Kevin Struss maybe?) have an approximate relative value of different Old Judge Cabinet colors for a given photo? In other words, if a common OJ Cabinet is worth, say, $2000, what is the value for the exact same photo mounted on different colored cabinets (assuming the condition is uniform, and that for a given cabinet, the colors on the back are the same as the cabinet color showing on the front)?<BR><BR><BR>Beige/natural $2,000<BR>Yellow ?<BR>Black ?<BR>Burgundy/Crimson ?<BR>Pink Hue ?<BR>Gold ?<BR>Do blue or green exist ?<BR>Dogs Head ?<BR>Any other colors ?<BR><BR><BR>Do the multipliers (assuming there are any) decrease for more expensive commons and HOFers?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Tom

Archive
03-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Tom--I can give you my impression as to relative value of different mounts but these are only impressions as I do't have any hard evidence. I would call normal mounts, yellowish and pinkish mounts equal in value. I have never observed any difference. Brown and black mounts typically sell for roughly double what the "comparable" regular mount would sell for. As to other colors I have a red mount. I have heard people talk about a blue mount but I have never seen one. Dogs Heads are very scarce and I would guess that they go for at least 3-5X what a comparable cabinet would sell for. Realize that these are thin markets; don't be surprised by anything.

Archive
03-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom L.</b><p>I saw a couple of Black and Burgundy OJs recently, and wondered about their value.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Tom