PDA

View Full Version : T-3 Backs

Archive
03-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Mosley</b><p>I have a question for those out there that are T-3 collectors and/or can answer my question regarding T-3 backs.<BR><BR>I'm aware that the Turkey Red advertisement back is considered rarer than the checklist backs.<BR><BR>Of the checklist backs, I've noticed that I have one which lists players 1 through 75, another which lists players 1 through 76 and then one from the second "series" which lists players 51 through 126.<BR><BR>Are all three of the checklist backs considered easier than the advertisement back? I would assume that the back with 1 through 76 would be a bit tougher (of the checklist backs) since it would appear player 76 was added in preparation for the second "series"..<BR><BR>Anyone care to enlighten me?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!<BR><BR>Scott

Archive
03-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Virtually every card I've looked at has that back

Archive
03-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Mosley</b><p>Interesting if this is the case.. as if they made a quick decision to add more players to the set after the initial run(s) listing 1-75.<BR><BR>Anyone else care to chime in?

Archive
03-04-2004, 06:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Keith O'Leary</b><p>I looked at some of mine this morning that I had at home. Of the 40 or so I looked at, there seemed to be an even mix of advertising backs, 1-76 checklist backs, 51-126 checklist backs. There was a shortage of the 1-75 checklist backs. I've never thought the advertising backs were any rarer then any other BTW.<BR><BR>I will say..the hardest back is certainly what most call the "no address back". This is the back that omits the Baseball and Athletic Dept, Drawer S, Jersey City NJ verbage. I think we have someone on the board that just collects these.

Archive
03-04-2004, 06:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Mosley</b><p>Thanks for your input Keith..<BR><BR>I only have 7 in my collection so its not a very good sample and thats why I was curious.<BR><BR>I've read that the advertising back was not as common but 3 of my 7 are advert backs so I tend to agree with you that perhaps its just as common as the checklist backs.<BR><BR>Would love to hear from other T-3 collectors what they're experience has been.