PDA

View Full Version : It's fake and it's real

Archive
02-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Look at this ebay listing. The very first line says "Genuine, not a reprint." Then go down a few lines. An entire separate paragraph that says "Satisfaction guaranteed." Then go down to the middle of the final paragraph that includes some incomprehensible run-on sentences and you'll find this gem: "lots sold or offered "as is" may not be returned for any reason as such lots may not be genuine and/or may be faulty." Sure enough "as is" is in the title. What a way to instill comfort and confidence in your buyers.<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2784200937&category=31722" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2784200937&category=31722</a>

Archive
02-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Posted By: <b>slacks</b><p>"However,if you are unhappy for any reason please email us first before leaving feedback as ebay suggests to all buyers."<BR><BR>Translation:<BR><BR>"No returns, but e-mail me before leaving neg feedback so I can threaten you with the same, letting me maintain my 100% rating and continue flogging this crap on inexperienced buyers. Thank you and happy bidding!"

Archive
02-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Posted By: <b>brian p</b><p>Although this seller has many overpriced real T206's available, I believe these W517's are fake, because they have had their bottom border suspiciously cut off, which is where the reprints out there for this issue have a small printed "W-517" on the left hand side. <BR><BR>Brian

Archive
02-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p><BR>What makes a card faulty? If it doesn't make that noise when you put it in your bicycle wheels?

Archive
02-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Related to this disclaimer, I saw a couple of days ago an auction from someone who was making celebrity magnets. The description started with "Please email me before reporting me to eBay, and I will remove any items that have unauthorized images." Offered was a 'mystery lot' with only vague description of contents and no images.

Archive
02-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I asked the seller why they had the line "satisfaction guaranteed" for the t206 Cobb, then followed it with the "no refunds" line. The response was reasonable but I think in 99% of these cases, the seller knows the item is a reprint and they are trying to make a buck off the ignorance and greed of the average ebayer.<BR><BR>"This is a questionable item and you should only bid on it if you're comfortable on the idea of taking a chance. However, if one were unhappy, really unhappy with this lot, I would consider refund. thanks"<BR>

Archive
02-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Paris Hilton movies?