PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

Archive
01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>telspee</b><p>I just got a card back from pmaman1970 at Ebay, item number 2774903733. I did not get the card scanned, but got a cheap reprint instead. I am waiting for a response to see if seller will refund. I should have noticed he only had minimal feedback.

Archive
01-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>In otherwords, you are saying that you got the scan.

Archive
01-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>telspee</b><p>No, mine was much worse. It had numerous printing errors.

Archive
01-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Hope it all works out, and I'm sure most welcome your heads up.

Archive
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Posted By: <b>telspee</b><p>thanks. I am just a beginner. If I wanted a higher grade waner I should have bought a graded version.

Archive
01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Kenny Cole</b><p>I had a similar experience with a seller who stole scans of real cards and then sent fakes and have two suggestions.<BR><BR>First, DO NOT send the card back before you get a refund, which is what I suspect you will be asked to do. If you send the card back, you have lost by far the best evidence you have that you were swindled. Instead, put it and whatever it came in n in a plastic bag, and touch it as little as possible. The explanation will be that YOU switched the cards. However, that doesn't wash too well if the seller's finger prints are all over it.<BR><BR>Second, don't waste much time trying to get a refund from the guy because he'll play you for time. What I did was file a complaint with the internet fraud complaint center (IFCC). They will forward the pertinent information to the authorities where the seller lives and, hopefully, they will take some action. In my case, the seller was an ex-con who scammed several people. He was arrested, charged with several felonies, confessed, is sitting in jail, is getting his parole revoked, and gets to do 3-6 more years on my charge.<BR><BR>Go after his ass. There is waaaaaay to much of that sort of crap going on, and it needs to be stopped.

Archive
01-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>that's the first I've heard of anyone being nailed for a scam involving faked cards. Operation Foul Ball seems to go after aitographs and PSA (i.e., corporate political donor) scams.

Archive
01-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Posted By: <b>telspee</b><p>That is wild. Thanks for the advice. I just saw that very same scam happening on yahoo about a week ago. Someone stole a scan of a PSA Ruth from another auction and was selling it. I contacted the ebay seller and he said he had not shipped the ruth to the buyer yet and was trying to contact the buyer and seller. What upsets me is that kids are very likely to fall for these scams.