PDA

View Full Version : POSTING BAD DEALS OR SCAMMING THIEFS THROUGH CARD DEALS OR EBAY

Archive
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>I post from time to time and was wondering if any of you had any bad experiences with ebay thieves or anyone else in "offline" experiences. If so could we post some names or dealers to warn others against? I have heard about a dealer from Canada stealing money and have had a bad experience from a New York resident. Any input would be appreciated.

Archive
01-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>to name names. I'm sure other people also had this experience: I was about to contribute the name of an S.O.B. to this thread, when I remembered that I'd also gotten a GREAT card from him.<BR><BR>When you're checking out a new auction person on ebay, don't just look at his feedback; look at his auctions for the past month. If he's selling what should be pretty desiable cards and they always go cheap--something's rotten in the state of Manitoba. Got two of the most dog-eared cards I'd ever collected from this guy. Real cheap! (want 'em?) "ex-mint" and "near mint"!

Archive
01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>My all time worst dealer so far is David Festberg, He has NO idea how to grade and has a Zero Return policy. I have had some other questionable deals but they at least did something (generally not much) to correct the problem. But FESTBERG auctions is terrible. <BR><BR>As far as ebay, never bid on private auctions or sellers have private feedback. What are they hiding, usually alot.

Archive
01-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>I am mainly concerned with "off" ebay deals and other bad thieves out there that tend to have great feedback and or a great reputation. The guy I dealt with from NY for over 4 years I had done numerous $10K+ transactions with and he built a great rapport and seemed like a great guy before taking people for considerable amounts of $$$. Also a tie in from a Big dealer from Frederickton in Canada. I would just like to know any other experiences like these. I already have a list of over 12 names of victims from these two guys and am trying to compile a larger list as well as find out any other similar deadbeats to stay away from.

Archive
01-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>Also any input from any attorneys who post here would be greatly appreciated on how to handle such criminals.

Archive
01-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Posted By: <b>John Wojak</b><p>I've won a few items from Festberg in his auctions and have to say that as long as you bid with the understanding that he overgrades everything by 2-3 grades, I have not had bad experiences. If he calls a card Ex then in all probability it isn't even VG/EX, its VG or G/VG. What he calls VG is usually Fair or, at best, F/G. When I've bid with that in mind, I've gotten a couple of nice cards. But I have never tried to return anything, so I don't know how he deals with that.