PDA

View Full Version : T205 back variation comment

Archive
01-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Posted By: <b>lentel</b><p>I know the T205 Hoblitzell no stats is the rarest of the Hoblitzells and the rarest of the set, but I have a question/comment about other Hoblitzells.<BR>The version with the Cin after the second 1908 is considered the second rarest hoblitzell, the no cin third and the no cin one L on back the fourth.<BR><BR>I dont see how the Cin after the 1908 version can be that rare, everytime I see this card that is the version they are selling, I mean every time.<BR><BR>Occasionally you see the no cin version, but never the version where his name on the back only has one L( and this is considered the least valuable).<BR>I dont think a lot of people even know that version exists. Keith Olberman did a write up in vintage beckett (beckett sports collectible, what ever the call it now) and didnt even mention that version. Some one wrote in and commented in later editions that Olberman didnt eve know that version existed either.<BR>Should this card start getting more respect as the Moran stray line of type has recently.<BR>Does anyone else have this card or know it exists.<BR>thanks

Archive
01-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I put the set together back in the mid 80s and I knew about the one "L" Hoblitzell and it was part of my set. I would agree with you that the Cin version seems to be the most common.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>I have put together 2 T205 sets over the last couple of years and from my experience the "no cin and name incorrect" (hoblitzel)version is the toughest. The "cin after 1908 stats" is the easiest. And the "no cin and name correct" (hoblitzell)is somewhere in between. It's time that the Standard Catalog priced them accordingly. All that being said, I believe the Moran stray line and Gray stats on back variations are still much tougher cards.

Archive
01-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>having put together 2 T205 sets, I found the "NO Cin" with 2 "l's" to be tougher. Maybe it's just me but that's the way i saw it.