PDA

View Full Version : Vocabulary development

Archive
12-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S&nbsp; </b><p>I'm sure we've all been miffed from time to time when a seller charges far more for shipping than actual cost. <BR><BR>Well, eBay user "dagoross" has coined a term to describe those who engage in this practice:<BR><BR><b>Postal rapist.</b><BR><BR>...almost makes postal groping seem okay, by comparison...

Archive
12-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>For flat items like 8x10" photos, I charge a flat $5 shipping charge. Once in a while someone asks why I charge $5 when my shipping cost is $3.85 (cost of a USPO priority box). I tell them that the day my shipping cost is $3.85, is the day that someone has invented a priority mail box that walks itself to the Post Office and stands inline by itself for 15 minutes.

Archive
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>but the cheap ones as well.

Archive
12-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I don't mind bargain hunters (being one myself), but dislike penny pinchers. Once a woman, who had just won a small photo and was decidedly unhappy with my $3 shipping charge, told me that she would only pay the exact shipping cost of 32 cents. I said, "If you insist, but me sticking a 32 cent stamp and writing your address on the photo will reduce the value."

Archive
12-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Harry</b><p>As long as the seller posts the shipping charges in his auction, I could care less what he charges. Whether the shipping is $1 or $10, I just take it into consideration on my final bid.