PDA

View Full Version : it is done; it is ready (shameless plug)

Archive
12-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>As many of you know, I have been working on a reference guide to boxing cards for nearly two years now. I am done with the first edition and it is ready for sale. Here is the skinny: 150+ pages, hundreds of illustrations, covers 1886-1966, includes checklists of sets that have never before been indexed as well as all of the commonly collected sets. The work is divided into three sections: 19th Century, 20th Century and Exhibit cards. I've included checklists of virtually every set as well as prices reflecting auction and sale results that I've gathered over the last three years. I tried to do it more like an encyclopedia, less like a straight price guide, so there is a great deal of explanatory material and analysis. It comes in a looseleaf binder so that updates can be added cheaply (I plan to issue an update every year). $30 priority shipped. Any board member ordering it will also receive a CD with hundreds of color illustrations of boxing cards, including many that have never before been indexed. Anyone interested, please contact me at warshawlaw@aol.com

Archive
12-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>sgross713</b><p>...but it's boxing.<BR>I know, but it doesn't matter. If you're interested in vintage cards, you'll enjoy this book. The grand majority of sets have a baseball counterpart anyway, and I'll bet you'll learn something new.

Archive
12-24-2003, 05:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Agreed. Nice production and no doubt an essential guide to boxing card collectors or early baseball card collectors intrigued by those boxing counterparts.

Archive
12-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Posted By: <b>RBCraik</b><p>Bought Adam’s guide and love it! A heroic endeavor in sorting out this tortuous area of the hobby. I had NO idea boxing issues were so voluminous, duplicative and, in some cases, downright baffling! A must for any earnest vintage collector’s library. My only observation is the need for an index. But hey, it makes specific searches a journey! Well done Adam.