PDA

View Full Version : Another eBay hijacking last night & how to deal with them!

Archive
12-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Scott Elkins</b><p>To make a long story short, an ebayer (who obviously did not know what he had) listed a lot of 4 cards with an Overall Drum (eBay item # 2773556254). I thought about making him an offer to end the auction early, but then thought it wasn't the right thing to do, so I placed a bid of a few hundred dollars. Went to look and see what the bidding was at today, and the auction was ended early b/c "item was no longer available". Figuring someone was probably getting the Drum from this seller for peanuts, I sent the seller an e-mail offering him several hundred dollars for the card. I also told him that he could tell who he promised the card to that it was "not available"! I explained to him the scarcity of the Drum back. Really, I hope that he doesn't take my offer - I REALLY hope the seller re-lists the card and gets the TRUE value out of it, instead of being misled by someone trying to "steal" the card from him!

Archive
12-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>that's where we ride into town a whompin and a stompin every living thing within an inch of its life. <BR><BR>But seriously, I am seeing more and more of these come up lately. As a seller, I have to wonder what these other sellers are thinking. I mean, the way I look at it is that a buyer would not offer to buy the item unless the seller's price was way off and the seller would not be well served in ending early, especially since I have to believe that the private offer is going to be less than the potential market result.<BR><BR>I think ebay should not allow an auction to be ended early once a bid has been placed, unless it also allows each bidder to "ding" the feedback record of the seller, without retaliation.

Archive
12-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy Scott Elkins</b><p>Just received an e-mail from the seller - he is going to relist the card!!!!