PDA

View Full Version : Off topic, but look at these vintage autographs...

Archive
12-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>Nice set of suspicious autographs. Check out the seller "muranacorp" on eBay.

Archive
12-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Makes me wonder if the auctions will last the duration. I bet there's a 40% chance eBay will end them.

Archive
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I believe that eBay's rules are that you have to say where the COA is from is you are offering one. Also, following the Foul Ball episodes, they reserve the right to remove problematic listings, including if they feel you haven't given enough info (authenticator, provenance) for significant autographs like Christy Mathewson.

Archive
12-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>In defense of eBay (for a change), they do offer the potential autograph bidder substantial information and resources. Before one bids, they offer a lengthy warning and advice ('Not all COAs are equal' etc) and also allow the bidder to get a second opinion from PSA/DNA or OnlineAuthentics before placing a bid ... So the potential bidder righfully bears much of the responsibility for his choices.<BR><BR>My most important advice for potential autograph buyers is always 'know your seller.' I find this even more important that where the LOA came from. And there are a number of top notch autograph sellers on eBay.<BR>

Archive
12-17-2003, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>But the take-home message that several of our lawyer board members seemed to be saying in the "bad ebay deal" thread is that buyers bear almost zero responsibility for their ebay bidding choices - if an item is not exactly what is described, then the buyer is protected by our court system;therefore, buyers are always buying risk-free unless they can't afford court costs or the seller says in his/her description "I don't know if this is real and it is sold as-is". <BR>