PDA

View Full Version : Mastro Lot 1637

Archive
11-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Mckee</b><p>This isn't really card related but I thought the readers may be interested. Lot 1637 My father bought in 1939 in Baltimore as an 18 year old. It is amazing that he saved it, he also has a picture of him using it but Mastro didn't want that. Strangly, the glove is not listed in any D&M catalog which is the reason for it being listed as unknown in the collector guides. Just a neat piece of history I wanted to share with you. Dan.

Archive
11-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason</b><p>Dan-<BR><BR>Did you receive the Victory OK? I didn't save your email.<BR><BR>Jason

Archive
11-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Thanks for the note. Always good to connect a name with a glove. Though I have a free subscription to 'The Glove Collector' (honestly, I forget why), I am rather ignorant to the intricacies of store gloves. The Rawlings Ken Griffy Jr I got at Target serves me well, and I suppose that's all that matters.

Archive
12-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Posted By: <b>runscotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt</b><p>I know little about gloves, but enjoy examining any pre-wwI baseball equipment. I'm currently trying to refurbish a 1900-1910 full-web glove with holes in the leather, and also a 1920-30 glove that I've already "saddle-soaped" to death and preparing to head out to Wal*Mart (C) for neetsfoot oil.<BR><BR>You used to be able to get pre-wwI gloves cheap on ebay every now and then, but now there are a couple of dealers that scarf them all up - it's impossible to find any deals now unless their sniper services hiccup.