PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Slab to Crack

Archive
11-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Not sure which of the grading companies grade the toughest, but Beckett's slab is the toughest slab that I've cracked to date.

Archive
11-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Posted By: <b>botn</b><p>The holders are made that way to discourage owners from attempting to remove the card, which more times that not, will leave the owner with a raw altered card. <BR><BR>If PSA cared about their customers it would implement similar safety features. Although with their current troubles in the grading room, a high voltage electric shock may be more appropriate to prevent owners from breaking cards out.<BR>

Archive
11-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Albie O'Hanian</b><p>Beckett holders are very tough to crack as are PRO holders. Most of the others are fairly easy to break open.

Archive
11-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Julie</b><p>I have to take a vise-grip pliers and break off the edges all the way around with a Beckett. Pieces of plastic go flying everywhere. Guess I'm lucky that I haven't damaged a card yet. There is an unusually large and semi-thick sleeve inside--that's saved me from damaging a couple of times.<BR><BR>