PDA

View Full Version : Mayo Authentication Help

Archive
11-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Are the Mayos listed by this seller legit?<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=villagehobby&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1" target=_new>http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=villagehobby&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1</a><BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Lee<BR>

Archive
11-15-2003, 02:29 AM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Lee,<BR><BR>Tough call. The cropping is right but some of the sepia tones appear to be too white. Still, the wear appears to be normal and consistent with this issue. My advice is to use a credit card -- that way you'll be protected if they're reprints and if the seller refuses to issue a refund.

Archive
11-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Posted By: <b>halleygator</b><p>I think they are reprints that have been made to appear old on the edges.<BR><BR>Corners are just too sharp and the white tones are too bright.<BR><BR>I sure would like to see the backs...

Archive
11-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>I agree with Mike, it is tough to tell if the card is real. The background looks slightly off to me but who the hell can tell on a scan. I also agree with Mike that if you need the card you should buy it and pay with a credit card. That gives you all the protection you need. <BR>I think it is kind of strange that the Rusie correct spelling is the toughest card in the Mayo set and yet there are currently two listed on ebay.

Archive
11-15-2003, 06:38 AM
Posted By: <b>david</b><p>i agree they are two black and white for me. one thing i always look for when buying mayos is the print of the mayo logo at the bottom of the card. with authentic mayos this is more of a cream color then white.

Archive
11-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I know have scans of all the backs if anyone wants.<BR><BR>Lee

Archive
11-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>Lee--Do they look OK?

Archive
11-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I have seen the reprints and they look pretty good. I just don't know what to look for in the difference from the reall to the reprints.

Archive
11-15-2003, 12:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I know I brought these to some of you. I have my bids in on the 2 I am interested in. Be nice guys, remember I am <BR><BR>bowlingshoegiverouterguy<BR><BR>I am only looking for a type card.<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>Lee

Archive
11-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>Lee,<BR><BR>After viewing the reverse side of each card, I'm leaning toward reprint. Some of the edges are just too clean for Vg-Ex and Ex condition Mayos. I also don't think the corner wear is consistent between the front and back of each card.

Archive
11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I noticed you've got some really serious bids in on them.

Archive
11-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>David Seaborn</b><p>Apparently,severalbig spenders thoughtthey were genuine. Take a look at what they went for. WOW. That Brouther better be real for almost $3,500.

Archive
11-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I just want to thank everyone for there help. I did not win either of the cards but not overly bummer. I would be curious though if these are actually legit. If anyone reeading won one let us know.<BR><BR>Lee