PDA

View Full Version : New T205 Variation?

Archive
11-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Jerry&nbsp; </b><p>I think that I've discovered a new T205 variation and want to share it with the board. Also, please let me know if any of you are already aware of this, as I've never heard of it before.<BR><BR>On the Louis Evans card, there is a version where his eyes are looking downward (as toward one's knees) while the other version I have has his eyes looking right at you.<BR><BR>I don't know if this is common among the set, based upon the printing registration (?) or not, but I've never noticed it before.<BR><BR>Any comments?

Archive
11-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Mrc32</b><p>I have never heard of it. This is the one I have, Evans is looking forward. Lets a pic of the other you describe.<BR><BR>

Archive
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Mrc32</b><p>Please disregard my previous message. I hit respond instead of preview. DOH!<BR><BR>The Evans card I have is where he is looking forward. Lets see a picture of the Evans you describe as looking down.<BR><BR>

Archive
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Mostly likely sounds like it might be off register. You see things like this in t206s where you have pitchers with the Fernando Vanlenzula look and such.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive
11-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I once saw two t206 portrait Johnsons for sell by the same guy, one with Johnson gazing to his right, one with him looking forward. There is also an "ex-wife" version where his eyes are rolled back in his head...not really, I'm just not over her and even see her expressions in baseball cards...sniffle... <BR><BR>I, too, thought they were variations, but turned out to be slightly off-register. The Cobb portraits also show this sometimes.

Archive
11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Don't forget about old Blue Eyes.