PDA

View Full Version : LECTION type cards - Leon and Bob Lemke - this one is for you...

Archive
11-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Posted By: <b>canjond</b><p>Leon - I mentioned that when I read about the "Lections" type card in Lew's auction, I remembered a friend who had a bunch of them. Anyway, he finally sent me some photocopies of them and I was hoping to maybe get some values and more info on these for him. Unfortunately the photocopies are B&W, but I will name the players... ALso, the scans are too big to upload so if anyone wants scans of them, please let me know... Emil Meusel (2), Howard Ehmke (2), Frank Frisch (2), Horsnby (2), Charles Schmidt (2), Bob Sawkey, Bob Meusal, Ruth (2), Chance, and Charles Jamieson. I was hop that maybe you could tell me who the known players are, etc. Are there any newly discovered players in this grouping? For the most part, all of my friend's cards in in NM/MT condition, except for both Ruth's which are heavily creased...

Archive
11-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>SCD lists 10 players in the Lections set. All of the players you listed are in the SCD listing. Seems like the lower grade commons sell around $300.

Archive
11-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Ryan Christoff</b><p>Although it is not mentioned in the description, the Lections Chance in the current Lipset auction is the only known example of that card. I believe there are 4 Ruths and 2 or 3 Hornsbys known.<BR><BR>-Ryan<BR><BR>

Archive
11-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey Jon,<BR>As I said in my personal email to you I think they are very scarce but don't quite seem to have the demand as most other type cards, IMO......I have seen a set, I believe, for sale on ebay...at something like 16k...that didn't meet reserve...don't hold me to that but I think that was it....from the scans you sent me I am not too sure the cards are nmt but they are a lot nicer than normal, except the Ruth's...I will have to defer to Mr.Lemke and other board members (TIK) for the complete, known checklist.....<BR>best <BR>leon