PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and PayPal have been dragging lately

Archive
10-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>PayPal no longer sends emails to people who use their services, confirming that their payment has been made. I don't know why they stopped doing this, it was a convenient way of printing out the notices and keeping track of them. They still provide a notice when someone pays you, as a seller, but not vice-versa.<BR>Ebay is getting horrible at sending an email saying you are the high bidder on an item. Those missives used to come seconds after your bid, but now take a long time, if at all, to arrive. The most discouraging thing is the email saying you have been outbid, especially during the last few minutes of an auction. They generally arrive long after the auction is over and unless you are continuously reloading the web page every 10 or 15 seconds, you won't know. <BR>Oh well, sorry for the bitching, it is a slow Wednesday...

Archive
10-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>PayPal is still sending out the notices, as I just got one yesterday. My guess is that ebay is having some problems and that's why the bid confirmation emails didn't go out yesterday.

Archive
10-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p>I get the PayPal notices that someone has paid me but haven't received a confirmation I paid someone else in 2 months. As far as eBay goes, their bid confirmations have really been spotty and instead of getting them a minute afterwards, I am getting them an hour later, a day later, never. Outbid notices come more frequently but my advice is not to rely on getting one in the last 5 minutes of an auction if you are high bidder. Continuously refresh or use a sniping service.