PDA

View Full Version : T3 Grading

Archive
10-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris (the illini)</b><p>Back around the time of this years' National Convention, someone posted that PSA had announced that they were going to begin grading Turkey Red's and other similarly-sized cabinet cards. I havent heard anything about this since--did PSA scrap this plan?

Archive
10-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Posted By: <b>BRIAN C. DANIELS</b><p>please view the SMR* for validation. I was the one who stated Charlie the customer service manager at the time of the National was going to display some of mine after grading mine for free. They had problems apparently with the plastic encap.machine but it is not up and rolling.

Archive
10-20-2003, 02:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but, unless PSA's holder is damn pretty, what's the point of getting a T3 graded?

Archive
10-20-2003, 03:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>And don't say 'set registry'

Archive
10-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Posted By: <b>mrc32</b><p>Probably because it provides a great holder for them. I would see it as more of a preservation thing, than a grading thing.

Archive
10-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>But doesn't the mailing (assuming it's mailed, of course) risk more harm to the item than PSA's holder will potentially save? And if you've packaged it so well that there won't be any possible damage to the item during mailing, isn't it already protected well enough?

Archive
10-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I live in a big city, and perhaps it's a luxury others don't have, but I think of two small art & frame shops within walking distance of my home that would do a better preservation/framing job that a card grader.<BR><BR>Perhaps it's just me, but it seems a bit odd to have graded a T3-- in part, because the reprints are a fraction of the size and I would think that deceptive trimming is less than likely (A T3 probably would not even fit in my paper cutter).<BR><BR>Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful as, obvioulsy, others are wishing to get their T3s graded, and I respect their choices.<BR><BR>

Archive
10-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I realize that, in the end, that the answer of getting anything graded is more of than not 'the preservation (or realization) of $ (or owner's ego, as the case may be).' I suppose that those are as legitimate of answers, and far more honest, than most offered.

Archive
10-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris (the illini)</b><p>Actually, I only asked because I was curious about what happened with regard to the whole situation...

Archive
10-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>It would be nice is someone would come up with a nice-looking, custom plastic holder for the T3s--, though, offhand, that would seem unlikely due to the unique size and relative rarity of the cards. If GAI is any indication, what PSA comes up with ain't going to be easy on the eyes.

Archive
10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian H.</b><p>I don't think its a bad idea -- it authenticates the cards etc. to have them graded and to some extent protects them. <BR>By the way they make holders for Comic Books (which presumably prevents one from reading them) -- couldn't they just use that size holder for T3s and the like ?

Archive
10-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I must admit that I've never understood how the comic holders exactly work (can one remove the comic?), which is more of a comment on my ignorance than on the quality of such a holder.

Archive
10-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Posted By: <b>BcDaniels</b><p>1) Resale-and all thr reasons associated with plastic and resale!<BR><BR>2) protection! Do you have children David?<BR><BR>believe me, "paper or plastic"...you will take plastic if you have little ones around!

Archive
10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Posted By: <b>BcD</b><p><a href="http://www.loranspeck.com/menu.html" target=_new>http://www.loranspeck.com/menu.html</a><BR><BR>Loran Speck is one of the most well known framers in America! he can host your photos in the right "period piece" hand carved frames. yes, the run around $750-1400 a piece but you will have the nicest display around after he is done with your goodies!

Archive
10-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Brian, I'm not the youngest in my home, and am definitely the most childish.