PDA

View Full Version : W517

Archive
10-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Jenkins&nbsp; </b><p>Can anyone who knows about W517's help me confirm if printing "errors" are actually errors or common problems in all versions of the same cards on different print runs?<BR>Ex. Rube Walberg has a printing spot on right.<BR>Hack Wilson's card has an incomplete top border that is not a trimming problem. There are others. Can anyone help?

Archive
10-19-2003, 04:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff J</b><p>Want to chat with others who collect W -517's regarding printing defects and inprints that could be thought of as printing errors but want to know if they exist on your cards as well. Have several sets to compare!<BR><BR>Thanks

Archive
10-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Your best bet is to make your own comparisons to others' cards-- in auctions, etc-- and report your discoveres.<BR><BR>Small 'blips' and dots and such are not uncommon in old non-photo photo-realistic cards, premiums and pictures (Remember that MastroNet Just So a while back?). It mostly says that the printers weren't as into quality control, as the were into getting the stuff done. These errors are mostly cause during the transfering of the photographic image onto the printing plate.<BR>

Archive
10-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>I think that looking into the blips on cards can be an interesting endever, in part as it can say something about how the cards were made (dating. series, two card per sheet, etc). However, a obtrusive blip in the image is a defect. I do not look foreward to the day that someone pays a premium for 'rare blip on forehead Ty Cobb' (which is not to say I don't expect it to happen). A defect is a defect, even if it rare.