PDA

View Full Version : What about 19th/20th century minor league teams and stats?

Archive
10-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom L.</b><p>I have often had difficulty tracking down the stats for major league players during the years that they played in the minor leagues. Are there any resources similar to Total Baseball or the Baseball Encyclopedia which might also give the minor league statistics? I've seen books which listed minor league team win-loss records and leagues, but nothing which gave a listing of team rosters or individual statistics.<BR><BR>I'm not so much interested in knowing the stats per se as actually being able to determine which minor league teams and years a major league player (including HOFers) might have played on both before and after their major league career.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Tom

Archive
10-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S</b><p>...there is no one single resource. But, if you were trying to find out that information, one guy at a time, the logical places to look would be the Spalding or Reach guides for the years you suspect they were in pro ball.<BR><BR>There are also several books of league-specific stats, particularly on higher-level leagues (PCL, AAA), that would give you stats and players. <BR><BR>And...I hate to keep acting like a SABR spokesperson, but there is a SABR member, Ray Nemec, who collates minor lg stats, and I believe that he will send the complete minor lg & major lg stat record of any player on request for $1. I would imagine he is not completely done, so I don't know how far into all of the early c20 and c19 stats he is.