PDA

View Full Version : value of certain Zeenuts please?

Archive
10-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey Folks,<BR>I receieved a few cards in the mail today. I unexpectedly received a 1915 Zeenut without coupon of Swede Risberg and Lefty Williams....they are very nice as the Risberg has one vertical, long, crease through his shoulder but very nice otherwise and the Williams has 1 small crease on 2 corners and the corners are ex......I really don't know what the values are so was hoping to get some help??......yes, I will have some Zeenuts w/coupons for sale soon....not sure how I am going to sell them though.....they are all 1913-1916......regards all

Archive
10-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>Both cards sound at least very good (missing coupons are to be expected in Zeenuts, and thus don't count as a "torn off piece"). Both cards list, at VG, for $1275.<BR>If the Williams looks more like excellent: $2125.<BR>That's what Mr. Lemke says...Every once in a while, Mark Macrae has a Blacksox auction--might consign them to him. Auctions usually appear in VCBC.

Archive
10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I appreciate the help from the book. I wonder how real world the values will be? Probably about as much as the rest in the book....sometimes high, sometimes low, and sometimes just right....which I guess is why it's called a "guide". Will you do me one more flavor, or anyone with the 2004 SCD (I haven't gotten mine yet), and see how much a 1915 McMullen (only card of Blacksox player) is....thanks again....

Archive
10-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>McMullen is exactly the same as Risberg and Williams!<BR>Risberg even has another Zeenut (1916).4250.00--2125.00--1275.00. Of course, now McMullen has another card, in that White Sox set (very attractive--but there's only 1 so far) that came out in 1917. In that set, this year, the Blacksox are all over the map--all over 1000.00, but all over, and the McMullen is only 1500.00. Joe Jackson is 22,000.00. Williams is 2000.00.<BR>Gandil is 4,500.00; Weaver and Cicotte are 4000.00; felch is 2,500.00 (for some reason); Williams and Risberg are 2000.00.<BR><BR>I don't understand how Lemke can assign values to the lower grades of this set, since there's only one set--I think it's supposed to be near mint. But it's not as if these cards were changing hands individually at all different levels all the time.<BR><BR>That is, however, true of the Zeenuts, and the W514s, and the many sets that Cicotte and the several that Weaver appear in. Gandil as well. <BR><BR>It is, certainly, just a guide. When I go after a Mayo, there is no WAY I'm going to get one in near mint condition for the price Lemke lists--even though they go up every year! And, likewise, there are cards that always sell for less than book-Scrapps, for instance.