PDA

View Full Version : Question about submitting N172 Old Judges to SGC

Archive
09-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p>Hi all!<BR> I've decided after long and careful thought, to take the plunge and have some of my N172's graded by SGC. To start off, I plan on sending about nine cards in to them . All of them are technically mid-grade or so and I'm mostly interested in doing it for preservation purposes more so then for investment. I do have one question for board: Only one card (Glasscock) that I will be sending is considered a star player the other eight are considered to be common players. Will SGC allow me to use the $7 commons grading fee for each card or will they charge me the $10 standard because they are 19th century? BTW, none of the common cards should exceed SGC's $250 attested value cap. Any info will be most appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR> Adam

Archive
09-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey Adam,<BR>I don't see anywhere, although I could just be missing it, where their grading tiers say anything about 19th Century. They base it solely on value as far as I can tell...which I sort of understand because of perceived added value... however, why does it take them anymore time/money to grade Anson as it does Mutrie? ......but you should be able to get the $7 (20 day turnaround for common under $250 value).....good luck...