PDA

View Full Version : T206/t205 Graded Cards Activity on eBay

Archive
09-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>I have noticed a ton of graded t206/t205 cards up on eBay. I am new to collecting these cards so I don't have a feel if its just someone unloading their collection or if its cyclical. Also, would one of the experts on this board be available to me to ask questions/advice on strategy for building a t205 set? Thanks.<BR>

Archive
09-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Posted By: <b>mrc32</b><p>I can't really speak about T-206s as I only collect T-205s. But there is usually about 100 or so T-205s up on ebay at once. Sometimes more, sometimes less. <BR><BR>Collecting this set is a very hard task if you are worried about condition. If condition is not your first concern then it could be much easier (yet still expensive). <BR><BR>Email me if you want to talk about the specifics or if you have questions I can try and help with.<BR><BR>Just be careful buying on ebay. Start slow from good dealers otherwise you will not be happy with your purchases.

Archive
09-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>I am going not concerned about absolute high grade (i.e. psa 6,7, or 8), but rather good cards within a grade. I am mostly targeting PSA 3-6 given my budget and figure I go after HOFs first and then work my way to commons. My question is should I just go to graded first or attack ungraded cards? Of course this assumes I have screened dealers and only work with those that many on this board recommends.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>Chris

Archive
09-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>When collecting lower grade commons, you will not find the same problems as as with buying 1933 Goudey Ruths and T206s Cobbs-- or at least to a lesser degree. Lower grade commons (say, Very Good), are less likely to be trimmed and there's less financial risk in buying. When buying ungraded commons, if you have a keen eye and the seller seems good (the signs of a scam have been stated on this board many times), you rarely will have a problem buying a common.<BR><BR>This issues on this board usually involve a combination of highly supect auctions of high end card (Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb) where the card is very expensive and the buyer is clueless. Usually, the card is ungraded or graded by a known dubious grader.<BR><BR>When on a budget (or not on a budget), I would recommend looking for the good deal as it comes up(common or HOFer), and not focus only on a particular card or cards. Over time, you will get the best deal this way.<BR><BR>