PDA

View Full Version : Explanation please?

Archive
09-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Posted By: <b>TBob</b><p><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2752194767&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2752194767&category=31719</a><BR><BR>Listed in the vintage baseball section by Seth it is a painting of Michael Griffin and the high bidder is "MichaelGriffinbaseball" What's this all about? Who the heck is Michael Griffin and why would someone name their user id after him????

Archive
09-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt Emerick</b><p>He's a player in the 1895 Mayo Cut Plug Set. Seems Strange one would name their user id after him???

Archive
09-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Elliot</b><p>Not any stranger than somebody using the ebay handle "N172 Corcoran" ----who the heck is that guy?

Archive
09-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill Cornell</b><p>It's art. <BR><BR>Personally, I'm looking for some cardboard...

Archive
09-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>The person bidding on the Mike Griffin picture is Steve Griffin,who is the great-grand nephew of Mike Griffin(who was also in the old judge set).He was actually a great centerfielder for Brooklyn in the 80s-90s,not on the hall of fame level but if he had another 2 or 3 good seasons he might have been.<BR><BR> Steven Griffin is a little slow(mentally from birth) but if you want to know anything about Mike Griffin he is the person to ask.He is trying to get Mike elected into the utica hall of fame and also in the county(whatever county utica is in) hall of fame. On a higher level he is also trying his best to get him into the National baseball hall of fame,i politely tried to tell him maybe Mike Griffin doesnt have the stats to be a hall of famer but who am i to crush someones dream and goal.Hes very passionate when it comes to Mike Griffin<BR><BR>

Archive
09-08-2003, 09:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>This is not a comment on this particular painting, but high quality modern baseball paintings are scarce, unappreceated and highly undervalued. The collector with a knowledge of painting and an eye for quality, could make some sound investments.

Archive
09-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Robert</b><p>Utica is in UpState New York. Rob

Archive
09-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I dont think its called upstate county,im pretty sure its something like Oneida County.I stayed in Utica last time i went to the Hall of Fame and im probably the only person who wears a Utica BlueSox hat 24 hours a day(not literally 24 hours but damn near close to that) For those who dont know,the Blue Sox no longer exist,theyre now Cal Ripkens new team and they moved out of Utica

Archive
09-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>The above post was me,somebody mentioned hot dessert in the kitchen and i was over anxious to finish that post,turns out it was a false alarm and there was just a fire in the kitchen and someone said it was "as hot as a desert"