PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up?....The Headless Hitsman

Archive
09-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy&nbsp; </b><p>Sorry I lost my head....<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2751327757&category=31719" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2751327757&category=31719</a>

Archive
09-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>I wonder what grade that would get?

Archive
09-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>brian p</b><p>Recently there were several other T222's listed on ebay with similiar damage at the top of the card. What would cause this--fading due to light exposure, water damage, or perhaps is this the result of something going haywire in the production of the card? Any ideas?<BR><BR>Brian

Archive
09-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>The Fatimas are photographs, so it's possible that there was an error in the original development. That type underexposure is rare to any type of photograph from any era ... It seems unlikely that exposure to light would make the head totally dissapear, though it's possible. Even with severe light damage, you usually see a ghost of the original image ... The seller's a seasoned fellow, and I'm sure would notice if the head was pealed or scratced off.

Archive
09-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Posted By: <b>halleygator</b><p>No, I think you guys are all mistaken.<BR><BR>I remember my grandfather telling me about this guy. He used to tell me stories at night about how Pete Gray played with one arm ... and how this guy played with no head. Two of the most courageous players of all time.<BR><BR>The third would be Manny Ramirez, who is playing with NO HEART.

Archive
09-06-2003, 07:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>were at the national........I'm sure that's where Jonstats bought them. I looked through them and all of them had severe fading at the top of the card. One of two things happened. When they were packaged, they were already messed up or somehow something got on the top 1/4 to 1/5 of the card and caused the fading. They didn't look intentionally altered. Prices, at the national, on all of them were about $60 per I think.

Archive
09-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>Update: <BR><BR>We discussed these cards on the Chat the same evening that I posted this thread. I also had seen three (3) T222s at the National showing the same fading pattern.<BR>Fatima Bill had a scan of the back of one of these "fading Fatimas" which revealed a burn mark pattern. Therefore, it seems logical that these cards were exposed to some sort of "heat" source on the back side of the card. <BR><BR>Patrick

Archive
09-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Julie Vognar</b><p>and although I had at first said "no way that could have been done with heat," it was quite obvious at the end of the demonstration that that's exacatly how it was probably done. A match or other heat source was applied to the back of a photo, and the front faded, while the back got a scorch mark. I assume with the "headless horseman," it was done intentionally for a joke (sad joke), since the fading is in a specific spot at the center of the photo.