PDA

View Full Version : BIG SURPRISE--Prizesports' feedback has gone private.

Archive
09-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Posted By: <b>Adam J. Baxter</b><p><BR>Well it didn't take this guy long. Mentioned this fine fellow in a thread the other day. Two negatives in seven days and now his feedback is private. BIG SURPRISE considering the stuff he's selling. I have never agreed with Ebay's policy of allowing it's members to keep their feedback profile private. The whole point of the feedback is to provide a public record of the seller or bidder's reputation for other members to see. By allowing members to opt for a private profile, Ebay inadvertantly allows bad sellers and bidders to do business on ebay and increases the likelihood that a new user who isn't familiar with the whole affair, will be victimized. I like ebay and I have found it a valuable and fun source for my collecting needs, however I don't think I'd be alone in stating that I think their customer service SUCKS and that some of their policies, (i.e. private feedback, etc.)actually increase the likelihood of fraud and disputes.

Archive
09-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Posted By: <b>BROOKS</b><p>AMEN ADAM AND ADD PRIVATE AUCTIONS TO THAT LIST OF WAYS TO SCAM.I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE EBAY IS DOING THIS INADVERTENLY, THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BUT WISH TO IGNORE IT AS IT IS A CASH COW FOR THEM AND THEY CAN PLEAD OUT OF IT AS NOT HAVING ANY RESPOSIBILITY FOR THE SCAMMING. IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF SOMEDAY WHEN A PERSON SUCH AS EAGLE8016, SHOULD EVER GET BUSTED FOR HIS SCAM, THAT THE FEDS WOULD IMPLICATE EBAY FOR COMPLICITY IN THE MATTER. LORD KNOWS THEY GOT ENOUGH EMAILS FROM THE BOARD TO KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING FOR WEEKS........REGARDS BROOKS

Archive
09-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott Polin</b><p>FYI

Archive
09-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob Shannon</b><p>You called it!!<BR><BR><a href="http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=sportscollector0_1&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=25" target=_new>http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=sportscollector0_1&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=25</a>

Archive
09-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>That's the most hilarious and stupid case of shill bidding I've seen yet. I don't usually even comment anymore on these dumbas*** but this was too funny...regards all.....ps...and you would think ebay would do something....yeah right